We collaborate. We create. We innovate.
You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
- The Solution Architect is a member of the Agile Program Management Team and has technical responsibility for the overall architectural and engineering design of the products being delivered by program
- Responsible for cross-discipline view on solution development including analyzing technical trade-offs, determining major components and subsystems, and defining interfaces and collaboration between them
- The SA understands the solution context and works with the development teams and customers to help ensure fitness for use in the customer's environment
In cooperation with Product Management, the SA plays a critical role in helping align teams in a common technical direction toward the accomplishment of the Vision and Roadmap
- Additionally, the SA is a Lean-Agile leader who understands the complexities of large-scale solution development, and applies Lean and Agile practices to address them
- Aligning the development teams to a common technological and architectural vison of the solution under development
- Facilitate and lead the design, technical architecture for the program
- Work with Agile development teams and provide technical leadership and the direction for the interfaces between the subsystems and between the solution and the solution context
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interaction with the solution context
- Work with portfolio and enterprise stakeholders, particularly the Enterprise Software Architect, to ensure alignment with enterprise standards and objectives.
- Participate in PI Planning and Pre-Planning, System and Solution Demos, and Inspect and Adapt events.
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of the design to evolve the solution intent; work directly with Agile Development teams assisting their implementation, and support them as needed.
- Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities.
- Work with Product Manager, Program Manager, and Product Owners to determine capacity allocation for enablement of work
- Support technology/engineering aspects of Program Kanban
- Supervise and foster building quality into the systems
- Develop and plan training and development curriculum for development team members
- Oversight over the technical aspects of all program staff's annual reviews and goals.
- Facilitate and manage technical debt backlogs for development teams
- May also play other roles on smaller programs (e.g. development team Dev Lead)
- Consistently demonstrate good judgement in technical decision making and be able to explicitly convey the rationale and trade-offs that contributed to the solution.
- Publish and keep current, any suitable artifacts that represent evidence of design for the current and target states.
- Full stack Java
- Leadership qualities/good communication
- AWS knowledge of products
- SAFE nice to have
- Devops nice to have
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.