You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
- Configure, administer and support various software products (50%)
- Plan for infrastructure and operational changes such as operating system, hardware, and applications/infrastructure upgrades
- Lead the implementation of projects to customize operating system software to support the customer environment
- Provide technical guidance for interacting with client/server distributed hardware and software
- Develop and implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the system while meeting defined targets
- Responsible for troubleshooting the most complex activities such as reading system and application dumps and providing recommendations and perfoming resolution activities. Performs performance data collection, analysis, and tuning of the operating system and associated systems
- Perform Develop designs and perform modifications involving operating system exits for specialized requirements. Project Management and Communication (25%)
- Assign project tasks and areas of responsibility to project team members from basic to complex. Monitors quality and rate of technical progress
- Develop, manage, and monitor highly complex infrastructure and database configurations/changes, upgrades and etc
- Collaborate with and influence other Information Technology (IT) departments, functional users and vendors to provide guidance and manage project implementation or user support
- Mentor less experienced Mainframe System Administrators. This may include assigning work, reviewing work for adherence to standards, and provide coaching guidance
- Scopes, plans, and prioritizes multiple projects
- Prepares technical reports and briefings concerning performance of the system and system related problems and corrections. Strategic Agility (15%)
- Evaluates specifications and features of new products, performing cost comparisons, feasiblity and cost benefit analysis, performance, compatiblity and testing. Reviews customer business requirements and makes technical recommendations regarding software/hardware to meet buisness needs
- Maintains skills to stay current with mainframe technology
- May sit on/or participate in industry specific user groups/or committees
- Serves as a member of the disaster recovery team and participates in the Disaster Recovery testing.
- Provide weekly status updates and time reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field and eight years of experience in working on a Mainframe Operating systems like z/OS, z/VM or Linux or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Expert knowledge of a progressive mainframe operating system maintaining complex mainframe systems, including; installing, tuning, testing and debugging software
- Expert experience working with programming languages such as Assembler, COBOL or CICS
- Knowledge in Java or C languages as well as some Windows/AIX/UNIX basic command skills
- Proven advanced skills in utilizing common functions such as: TSO/ISPF, SDSF, JCL, DB2/VSAM file management, Rexx/Clist, Microsoft Office products, and Lotus Notes applications
- Demonstrated ability to read computer vendor specifications and technical product manuals for implementation, customization and/or administrative purposes
- Expert ability to adjust to future vendor hardware or software changes as new technologies are introduced into the operating system(s) as well as logically diagnosing problems and implementing software fixes or customizations as needed to resolve outstanding issues
- Advanced knowledge of SMP/E functionality for installing software and for applying maintenance/fixes
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and design new large-scale IT systems and modifications to existing systems that support major agency mission objectives
- Advance communication skills (written and verbal); presentation skills; interpersonal skills; analytical; and consulting type skills
- Knowledge or Unix System Services (USS)
- Ability to manage multiple assignments/tasks while meeting tight timelines
- Highly developed problem solving skills and the ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment
- Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, customer focus
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- CICSplex, CMOD, OMVS file system, z/OS installation and tuning, VTAM, TCP/IP, Mainframe security,(certificates, ATTLS, PAGENT, RACF, etc.), Hardware (z13/14, TS7720, TS7760, TS4500), LRS suite,(VPC, VSV, DRS, pagecenter), WLM, Sysplex, Websphere MQ, Languages (Assembler, COBOL, REXX, JCL), CA products (CA-1, CA-7, OPS/MVS, common services
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.