You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Development (95%)
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Application Integration Architect
- Develop and execute unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality
- Perform testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy
- Perform coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions
- Lead and/or provide assistance with presentations in code reviews
- Participate in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts
- Perform documentation of all code changes
- Support Senior Developers in compiling detailed activity task management including recording work effort and providing estimates of time to complete tasks
- Support Senior Developers in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined
- Follow code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Assist in identification and evaluation of risks; participate in mitigation and control activities
- Provide on-call support in support of systems and applications in production
- Perform production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
- Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging trends
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field and three plus years of programing experience or the equivalent combination of skills, experience, and certification with experience
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience with Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Representational State Transfer (REST), Application Programming Interface (API) Management, and Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Understanding of system behaviors and functionality
- Experience designing, building and supporting high-performing Java EE applications
- Demonstrated experience developing mainframe applications
- Experience with implementing Web Services
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with relational and Not Only SQL (NOSQL) databases
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- May provide 24/7 support as needed
- Must be able to perform basic math
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment regularly
- Perform work required for this position in an office environment
- Remain sedentary for significant periods of time
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal formats (i.e. email, letters, etc.)
- Must be able to have a regular and predictable on-site attendance for a highly interactive role
- Must be able to use a personal computer
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting tight timelines
- Ability to solve problem of the most complex technical nature
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor others
- Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, customer focus
- Ability to withstand a moderate amount of stress
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to synthesize and apply disparate pieces of information
- Ability to assess and identify dependencies and actions needed to successfully perform work as assigned
- Ability to stay current with new and emerging application development tools and languages
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.