You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
- This role provides technical support for database environments and supports the full system life cycle
- This position performs at a moderate level of complexity with a high level of proficiency under general supervision
- This position will function as a Database Administrator for a variety of operational and support databases
- Maintain existing databases by investigating factors such as storage requirements, access time, input/output frequencies, and unusual problems encountered by applications/systems analyst
- Perform moderately complex database design tasks related to the establishment of the structure of a database including analysis, logical data model review, and physical database design
- Maintain and manage database structure, backup and recovery, data propagation (replication), and performance monitoring/tuning
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies, skills, and methods to proactively manage databases
- Determine table attributes, primary, and alternate keys for multiple databases
- Install and upgrade software to enhance database performance
- Monitor database activity and file usage
- Troubleshoot root cause of database issues and recommend solutions or workaround
- Implement database monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database
- Interact with staff from areas outside of Management Information System (MIS) to participate in and/or organize projects that are short/long term
- Work with third party vendors to review installation prerequisites, database sizing, and support database installation of the product
- Serve as Database Administrator for projects of varying complexity
- Partner with other Information Technology (IT) personnel within the department units, functional users and vendors to provide guidance, manage project implementation or users support
- Participate and/or take a lead role with the infrastructure and database configurations/changes, upgrades and etc. that are moderately complex in nature with a high level of proficiency
- Test and ensure that systems and databases are developed and implemented according to all published standards
- Responsible for documentation, tracking, controlling, & prioritizing open projects
- Research, test and install new database related software
- Perform scheduled maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree and two to five years of experience or any combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Working knowledge and application of database concepts
- Competent skills to debug and dig deeply into one specific task to uncover root cause and provide solution(s)
- Hands on experience supporting DB2 LUW 10.5 and 11.1
- Demonstrated intermediate experience in physical data modeling, database design principals, programming
- Track record analyzing moderately complex information to draw alternative conclusions
- Proven ability to learn and support new hardware, software and operating systems and apply innovative business solutions
- Effective communication skills necessary to make yourself understood when speaking about complex technical subjects
- Demonstrated knowledge of development of a data strategy and associated policies
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with DB2 LUW V10.5 and V11.1, DB2 performance monitoring and tuning
- This position requires participation in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation. The frequency of the rotation depends on the number of members in the team. On-call requires carrying a cell-phone and responding to calls within the agreed upon timeframe set within PHEAA’s standards. Internet connectivity from home is required as part of the on-call rotation
- Flexible for occasional off-site travel required
- Sedentary work (office environment)
- Frequently requires – repetitive motions (substantial movements of the wrist, hand, and/or fingers)
- Developed problem solving skills and the ability to focus attention on details
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment
- Demonstrated experience working on strategy database projects
- Ability to influence proper architecture decisions to meet strategic architecture vision
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, and customer focus
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.