Then join Celerity as a Sr. Performance Test Engineer and build a rewarding career in a fast-paced, Agile work environment that offers the excitement of a start-up with the traction of an industry leader.
What You’ll Do
Our client’s Hotel R&D divisions’ mission is to design, build and deliver the best-in-class solutions for Hotel IT customers. The success story has started 3 years ago with the signature of a very large IT deal ( “Figaro project) and continues with the recent signature of a large UK customer ( “Next project). What makes Hotel R&D Quality Engineering team unique is the diversity, a global view and the ownership of our solutions, and a huge growth perspective. This diversity also brings some exciting challenges in terms of practices & knowledge sharing, homogeneity of tools and processes, or consistency of reporting. The Quality Engineering & Releasing (QER) department is responsible for providing professional and consistent services (QA Management, End to End Testing, Component Testing, Non-functional Requirement Testing, Release Management, Process Automation & Methodology) across all development sites, divisions, and products.
We are seeking a skilled Sr. Performance Test Engineer (Non-functional Requirement Testing) to guarantee that our Hotel IT platform continuously meet our customer’ SLAs (Ultra High Availability). The candidate must be familiar with standard software development and quality processes, methodologies, and tools. The performance test engineer will work with his counterparts in US and France to establish a high quality performance testing strategy, build test plans and detailed performance tests, develop test scripts mapping to appropriate requirements and will produce test results artifacts. The performance engineer will be responsible for developing and executing extensive application performance tests and collaborate with software developers and Cloud Service platform architects to analyze application performance and provide optimization recommendations. Finally, the person will also contribute to the automation process, to integrate the performance campaign within our CI/CD pipeline.
II. Main Responsibilities
- Improve our performance tool stack to speed up and facilitate the analysis of the application performance, while leveraging on the test scenario developed by the component and E2E testers. Conduct study, compare tools, present results to the management.
- Improve, document and communicate the performance stream processes to facilitate the contribution of the development team to extend our performance campaign. Help to build performance engineering best practices, standardization and strategies
- Work with the project team to develop a comprehensive performance testing strategy, including detailed performance testing requirements.
- Work with the project team to analyze changes introduced and assess potential performance impact and level of performance testing needed.
- Collaborate with the software development teams to translate the performance requirements into appropriate test cases.
- Design, script and execute load, stress, and scalability testing.
- Deliver comprehensive performance testing reports and present them to the software development and project team.
- Profile client and server calls triggered by the system and provide performance related feedback.
- Lead the collaboration effort on performance tuning applications and systems under test.
” Bachelor Degree or higher
” ISTQB certification is a plus
Relevant work experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in performance testing discipline
- 5+ years of experience with test toolset (ALM, JMeter, Blazemeter, Smartbear suite, Taurus, SOAP UI)
- 5+ years of experience with application performance monitoring software (Grafana, Blazemeter)
- Preferred experience with trace tools such as Fiddler, HTTPWatch, and AppDynamics
- Experience testing SOAP and REST web services; understanding of SaaS delivery model
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, LINUX, Jenkins.
- Proven experience and best practices in requirements management, test case development, test analysis and reporting results
- Detailed oriented, demonstrated discipline and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field.
- Ability to think outside the box, adapt to circumstances, learn from co-workers, and share information and experiences.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, both verbally and in writing
- Leadership, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with proactive customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and drive toward completing goals and projects on time
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and mentor/direct others
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals
- Knowledge of travel industry and related technologies a plus
- Thrives in a professional, team-empowered environment
Computing: SOAP, XML, REST/JSON, Swagger, Web-Services
Languages: Python, Groovy, Java, SQL
Knowledge: SOAP UI, Selenium, ALM, Jira, Jenkins
Other: Cloud knowledge
We Are Celerity
Celerity, founded in 2002, is a full-service digital integration consultancy that fuses technology, strategy, and design together to create seamless, beautiful experiences across a variety of industries including travel and hospitality, media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, and non-profit. Acquired in 2015, Celerity is a subsidiary of AUSY Group, a France-based IT consultancy. Celerity has a global network of over 6,000 employees working in 16 countries, as well as a development center in Sibiu, Romania to support enterprise clients across the globe.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, your professional growth plan focuses on accelerating your career by fusing personal interests with training and mentorship. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.