Software Engineer – Front End
We collaborate. We create. We innovate.
You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply we’d love to meet you!
Celerity’s Mid Atlantic team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new products and improve existing applications with our front end, product, and design teams; collaborate with our backend team to help design APIs; and contribute to continually improving our team’s UI best practices
- Work within the Consumer Technology division within our engineering team.
- Create polished, premium user interfaces and experiences.
- Learn new technologies and libraries.
- Work with our global backend team to define, design, and integrate RESTful APIs.
- Work with product managers to define scope, specifications, and estimates.
- Conduct and participate in code reviews.
- Ensure quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment.
- Communicate with partner engineers to establish standards and architectural directions.
- BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience with React.
- Experience with Redux, Fluxible, or other flux implementations.
- Familiarity with responsive design and modern CSS techniques.
- Familiarity with HTTP and experience using RESTful APIs.
- Experience with unit test frameworks like Mocha, Jest, Enzyme, etc.
- Experience with front-end build tools like Webpack, Gulp, Rollup, etc.
- Keen attention to detail when working with designs and product specs.
- Experience using distributed version control, e.g. git, with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of mobile development languages and frameworks
- Previous coding experience with Java or .Net
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies including React.js, React Native, Node.js and Vue.js
- Experience evaluating and improving legacy systems
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.