We collaborate. We create. We innovate.
You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
- The Application Enterprise Architect will focus on business outcomes: evaluates how the proposed technology solves the business problem, understand and influence the business capability roadmap, work with business partners to define the technology roadmap mapping to required business capabilities
- The Application Enterprise Architect will utilize proven consulting skills to deliver design and engineering services with a specific focus on the assigned application domain. Ensure IT solutions are aligned effectively with evolving direction and posture while acting as a subject matter expert. Utilize modern technologies and industry standards to promote confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets
The Day to Day:
- Provide strong expertise in Application Development support
- Work with Product organization to establish product feature and stories backlog and perform architecture spike to establish a technology architecture roadmap
- Work with Solution Architects to ensure that features/stories to be implemented can be decomposed into tasks to be provided to delivery teams
- Deliver “hands-on” application design expertise in support of the Environment
- Document the architecture and architectural decisions related to the assigned application portfolio
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies that will enhance current and future architecture and business capabilities
- Be responsible for leading and directing system implementation throughout the system development lifecycle across the complete stack (i.e. physical, data, network, transport, session, presentation, and application)
- Document and speak to risks, mitigation, and alternatives
- Educates, trains, and provides support to junior team members on newly adopted technologies and processes
- Mentor and develop Solution Architects assigned to the supported application portfolio
- Reviews program related documentation for team members
- Partners with other IT teams in completing assigned tasks/projects
- Leads the requirements in large transformational efforts to resolve enterprise problems by influencing across multiple organizational levels in both IT and business
- Mentors others in best practices, procedures and concepts
- Steers the relevant support tasks of other Associates
- Steers application solutions through building consensus in both business and technical perspectives
- Influences the technical direction of others to drive all projects to successful completion within architectural standards and guidance
- Proven ability to effectively communicate architectural standards, leading practices, and effectively explain the “why”
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to consistently execute each essential duty & responsibility as well as consistently show proficiency with the following qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Ability to design complex systems that impact multiple infrastructure domains across IT Operations and Development teams while accounting for security considerations
- Demonstrate ownership of the design aspects of the operations lifecycle
- Consistently show the ability to mentor others in the production of all artifacts required of an Engineer, Analyst or Principal Analyst
- Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system design requirements, identify potential issues, and perform cost analysis related to each project
- Ability to strategically analyze the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a proposed design or solution
- Broad understanding of the business processes implemented across organization
- Able to effectively estimate time required for technical efforts for projects of all sizes
- Investigate new technologies and techniques and research ongoing industry developments
- Assist in forecasting technology implementation budgets
Experience with the following required:
- Experience with cloud computing architecture (Microsoft Azure, SalesForce or AWS) for both SaaS and PaaS models
- Responsible for detailing application user stories/requirements and generating technical specifications for all systems within the assigned application portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to design security infrastructure, applications, networks, systems and equipment that impact multiple environments across all of IT
- Proven experience designing modifications to existing systems, designing reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs throughout IT Systems
Experience with the following preferred:
- Demonstrate technical infrastructure architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in design of production, staging, QA and development infrastructures running in a 24×7 environment
- Experience in multiple large projects in influencing the definition, selection, and implementation of tools, technologies, and processes
- Establish level of service standards and operating procedures for overall system availability and individual system components
- Produce architecture and design documents to effectively hand over to development teams for successful implementation
- Knowledge of current and emerging industry technologies
- Working knowledge of SalesForce CRM a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Typically, 10+ years within Information Technology with a concentration on Application Architecture. Application design and implementation leveraging cloud platforms (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) required
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related course of study preferred
- Experience in a broad range of IT systems required
- SalesForce Architect certifications preferred
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.