We collaborate. We create. We innovate.
You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
- The Integration Architect will create the technical vision and provide thought leadership for all integration technologies. The architect will develop, create awareness for, and monitor adherence to integration standards and will utilize these standards to design solutions that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability
- The Integration Architect is responsible for reviewing the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of designs and provides oversight of applications within their team. This involves the uniformity of application implementations under their influence, proper performance of those applications, and the future vision of the team’s development within the enterprise direction
- This position will be responsible for ensuring that software developed meets architectural and quality expectations and requires a broad knowledge about all applicable business processes
- The Integration Architect has a deep understanding of integration technologies and practices as well as the business acumen to develop overarching system designs
- The Architect partners with the Architecture team to develop standards and design patterns. This position will work with various IT teams to champion the adoption of patterns, platforms, and tools to support the usage and conformity of the integration architecture.
- This Architect is a mentor and provides positive and developmental feedback and capitalizes on teachable moments to grow others
- This position is responsible for the technical training and development of associates
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers requirements from business partners, I.T. department and identifies the platform and architecture of the system
- Sets strategy and direction and provides proposals for solutions to meet business requirements
- Design sweeping applications that impact multiple application environments within their team
- •Recognizes areas of improvement in the development lifecycle and recommend action plans
- Creates, reviews, and develops solutions throughout the team’s environment and effectively communicates the rationale behind the designs
- Designs modifications to existing software while minimizing customization, designs reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs throughout their team’s environment
- Responsible for multiple large projects in leading the definition, selection, and implementation of enterprise tools, technologies, and processes
- Drives architectural consensus with the team while maintaining awareness with other teams
- Develops and delivers technical training and business understanding for developers
- Drives efficient resolution for system outages as well as performance and functional shortcomings
- Engages in a critical support situation and effectively, efficiently, and quickly drives to a successful resolution
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments through a partnership with the Architecture team
- Adapt and drive industry best practices to improve results and efficiency of the integration team
- Create and maintain the ESB/middleware platform strategies and roadmaps, in partnership with other IT leaders
- Provide technical vision and subject matter expertise for integration technologies
- Balance the ability to think big with accomplishing smaller, achievable, “building block” goals
- Broad understanding of the business processes implemented across the team’s applications
- Broad understanding of all aspects of the team’s technical software requirements including security, scalability, and usability
- Able to develop long term technology plans
- Able to build consensus and acceptance of improvements and changes to development patterns, standards, and processes
- Able to influence the technical direction of others in order to drive all projects to successful completion within the architectural standards and guidance
- Able to courageously drive strategic initiatives and challenge upward and across the IT enterprise when necessary
- Proven ability to effectively communicate architectural standards and best practices
- Ability to drive through obstacles and time constraints to successfully deliver a project to completion
- Demonstrated ability to compare and contrast alternative approaches to meet objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Able to effectively estimate time required for technical efforts for projects of all sizes
- Demonstrated communication skills to include verbal and written communication, delivering organized presentations, able to tailor message to the audience, facilitate group discussions with diplomacy, and seek diverse opinions
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills and performs well in high pressure or stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively estimate effort, durations, and enterprise impact required for large technical solutions
- Ability to evaluate long term impacts when making recommendations and decisions
- 4-year degree in IT related course of study, preferred
- 10+ years of development experience, required
- Minimum 5 years retail industry experience, preferred
- Experience with agile methodologies, preferred
- Proven track record of successfully delivering API/SOA/Middleware integration projects
- Apigee Edge or similar platform experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise data integration technologies, ESB, other messaging oriented middleware
- BizTalk Server 2013 or Tibco Business Works, 5.x or 6.x preferred
- Tibco Enterprise Messaging Service preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server scripting and Data models, preferred
- Microsoft .NET (C#) preferred
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.