You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You’ll Do
- Provides application development services typically as a of a project team or in an application support role
- Developers analyze, design, code, test and implement systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to IT standards and policies
- Developers provide general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects
- Utilizes and participates in the full system development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards
- Collaborates with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing innovative solutions to business needs
- Provides required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24×7 supports when necessary
- Performs work in compliance with all IT standards, policies and procedures
- Actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience
- Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation
- Other duties as assigned or requested
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field*
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a developer
*Grandfathered degree requirement effective July 2014
Licenses or Certifications:
- Certification in applicable areas; such as JAVA Developer, DB2 Certification, Cognos Certification
Work Experience to include:
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance Industry
- Experience with technology platforms, application development tools, business processes, software development life cycle used by enterprise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Developer is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill sets are reviewed approximately every other year; new skills may be required to meet changing business needs
- IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases, Data Warehousing
- COBOL, Visual Basic, C C++, SAS
- PEGA, CSS3, Mobile, JSON, Cognos, Hadoop, SQL, J2EE, HTML5/XM,
- Business Object, .net
- Project Management Tools:
- Certification in application areas such as:
- Java Developer
- DB2, Cogno, PEGA, Enterprise Architect(SCEA), Project Management, Certified Quality Analyst (CQA), Scrum Master Certification, Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Salesforce experience required, including Apex, VisualForce
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.