We collaborate. We create. We innovate.
You're a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we'd love to meet you!
Celerity's Eastern Region Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We're in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You'll Do
• Design and prepare quantitative and qualitative tests with users and stakeholders
• Facilitate and conduct in-person and remote usability tests with users
• Analyze data and synthesize research findings into actionable recommendations
• Facilitate group sessions and workshops for ideation and alignment
• Develop usable visual representations that demonstrate information architecture, task flows, user journeys, and site/application structure
• Create visually stunning designs for digital products working from concept to implementation, including deliverables such as design systems, visual mockups, style guides, design recommendations, and prototypes
• Solve visual and functional design challenges with elegant, simple solutions
• Clearly express the rationale behind your design decisions to internal teams and clients in weekly meetings and formal presentations
• Develop visual designs that demonstrate an understanding of information architecture, task flows, user journeys, and site/application structure by partnering with UX, content strategists, and developers to build products that are functional and beautiful
• Present work to client and Celerity teams in weekly meetings and formal presentations
• Design low- to mid- fidelity wireframes and mock-ups, including annotations and design rationale, for CMS-driven experiences and software applications
• Create interactive prototypes for both internal use and testing needs
• Write project case studies and content on topics of interest to the UX/design industry
• Work closely with project managers, strategists, developers, and fellow designers to develop project roadmaps and ensure shared understanding of work
• You are a UX/design expert with 3+ years of professional experience, and a keen understanding of working under business and technical constraints
• You understand the technical possibilities and limitations of designing for web and mobile
• You have a firm understanding of color theory, typography, grid structures and digital trends
• You have experience designing interactions built on a content management system for a mobile app or responsive experience
• You have experience with the following concepts beyond the buzzword: responsive design; modular design; frameworks and design systems; adaptive content; user-centered design; and design thinking
• You know your design tools inside and out, most specifically Sketch, Invision, and Omnigraffle
• You are obsessed with solving problems (UX, design or otherwise) when you find them (which is often)
• You strive to develop yourself professionally, and help your team exceed their potential
• You can lead and be led, give and take feedback effectively, and are open to learn and teach at each opportunity
• You are conscientious and diligent with an eye for detail
• You have excellent people skills and have a history of developing/maintaining positive working relationships with clients, coworkers, and users
• You have some technical chops
• You have diverse platform experience
• You have at least 3 years of consulting/agency experience
• You speak at conferences and are involved in the DC area UX community
How to Apply
Please send your resume, relevant work samples, highlights of your key strengths, and how you intend to make a splash to: email@example.com.
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity's clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone's track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.