When a leading national bank acquired a $30 billion credit card portfolio from a competitor, it needed to modify existing business processes—and design new ones—to support the servicing of over 9 million customer accounts. Ensuring its newly merged processes would perform was paramount to the bank’s ability to complete a successful acquisition, meet contract deadlines, and build a positive experience for its expanded customer base.
- Process optimization
- Program + project delivery
Celerity’s business process experts worked with the bank’s subject matter experts across 10 functional areas within the Credit Card Recoveries organization, including Central Operations, Finance, and Fraud. This drove the necessary collaboration and processes needed to envision a seamless future state. The team created new—and modified existing—process documentation and standard operating procedures.
Celerity identified impacted processes, created new and updated process documentation, and developed or modified existing monitoring and control plans. As a result of this project, the bank successfully integrated the newly acquired credit card portfolio to meet the project deadline.
- Created and modified more than 80 business processes and associated documentation based on new business requirements.
- Completed operational risk assessments for the 10 functional areas to ensure process risks were mitigated and properly monitored.
- Wrote and executed over 230 user acceptance and business process tests to ensure process and system designs were aligned with functional area requirements.
- Implemented proper controls to manage risk and build a stable business-as-usual path for future operations.
Related Case Studies
Major National Credit Union