A leading provider of mobile communications services in Latin America needed to accelerate its ability to offer new products and services while greatly improving future operational efficiency. To do so, the company required a new, enterprise-level approach to rapidly deliver shared platforms across its multinational business operations, without compromising quality or compliance. This required consistent and integrated approaches for managing plans, risks, timely delivery and quality.
- Program + project delivery
- Risk mitigation + compliance
The wireless company selected Celerity’s Program and Project Delivery team to establish an Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO) for the complex engagement. Celerity consultants ensured the ePMO was scalable to address new and concurrent requirements. Celerity’s approach delivered consistency to IT and business operations initiatives supporting network-wide upgrades and improved project speed-to-market, costs, quality, and adherence to industry regulations.
Celerity standardized the client’s approach to program management, saving over $1 million on tools for requirements management, testing and project reporting. By building an ePMO to support the new multinational initiatives, Celerity’s team migrated over 5,000 users, 85 projects and 140,000 test cases in just under 60 days to HP’s ALM 11 suite on a highly redundant and scalable infrastructure, ensuring business continuity.
- Standardized processes and tools used for project management, requirements management, quality management, risk/issue management, and communications
- Consistent project data collection and reporting practices across subsidiaries
- Improved communication, collaboration, and compliance between IT, engineering, marketing, and product development